On June 18, 2018, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev held a meeting of the Presidium of the Presidential Council for Strategic Development and Priority Projects.
The Presidium considered measures to support national projects in the field of "International Cooperation and Export", in particular the introduction of such a tool as a special investment contract (SPIC). Under the terms of the SPIC, the exporter company organizes long-term export deliveries of pre-approved products and in the planned volumes, then the company receives systemic long-term state support. An important innovation is obtaining such state support by companies with foreign capital.
In the end of meeting, the list of instructions was given to the responsible ministries, departments and state institutions. Including such important for the development of production and export of food orders as:
- to support the international development programs of systemically important and strategic Russian enterprises and complex investment projects having an export orientation, with fixing of state support measures on a long-term basis, including within the framework of the SPIC mechanisms;
- to increase the capacity of checkpoints across the state border of the Russian Federation
- to develop of export logistics and agro-logistics, to establish the Russian service centers abroad;
- to establish a unified system for promoting exports, which provides for the modernization of trade missions of the Russian Federation abroad, to develop of a system for promoting Russian goods and services, also the national brands;
- to support a proactive system for improving Russian goods to get access to foreign markets.
- to develop measures for supporting international cooperation and exports within the framework of industrial, agrarian and trade policies financed from the federal budget;
- to continue until 2024 the implementation of the main activities of the priority project "International Cooperation and Export", including increasing the use of appropriate funds (support for transportation of products, financial and non-financial measures, development of export support infrastructure);
- to provide financing in the following areas:
- subsidizing interest rates on loans provided by commercial banks, the state corporation "Bank for Development and Foreign Economic Affairs (Vnesheconombank)" and Eximbank of Russia
- supporting for concessional lending to export-oriented projects in the agro-industrial complex and other support measures;
- subsidizing export credits.
The Prime Minister also mentioned that financing of National projects should be carried out in priority order.
On May 7, 2018, The President signed Executive Order on National Goals and Strategic Objectives of the Russian Federation through to 2024. One of the main goals is "creating high-productivity export-oriented businesses in the basic sectors of the economy, primarily, in manufacturing and the agroindustrial complex <…>, including increasing the volume of exports of non-primary non-energy goods in the amount of US$ 250 billion".