ZABAIKALSK STATION OF THE TRANSBAIKAL RAILWAY - A BRANCH OF JSCO "RZD"
The first train passed through the border arch on 10 February 1901.
Today Zabaikalsk station has a complex railway interchange, undergo constant reconstruction and development, is an target object of significant state investments, within the framework of the Comprehensive Plan for Trunk Infrastructure Modernization and Expansion for the Period until 2024, as well as in terms of development of transit opportunities for China-Europe- China container transportations and programs for the diversification of transport and logistic routes as part of the conjugation of the Eurasian Union and the Silk Road Economic Belt.
The reconstruction will reduce train processing and clearance time and increase the capacity of the Zabaikalsk RRCP.
Zabaikalsk station is located in the same named Zabaikalsk village, located in the Transbaikalian district of the Transbaikal Territory. The village foundation dates back to the period of construction of the Kaidalovskaya branch of the Siberian Railway, the 86th siding, constructed in 1900.
The entire accompanying infrastructure consisted of a service room and two residential buildings where the railway workers were housed.
A new stage in the station development started in the 1930s - a number of tracks were built, as well as a delta for turning manoeuvre of steam locomotives, a hydraulic pump, a goods depot, a goods stall, a bakery and a small power station.
In the 1940s, the station's capacity was expanded to 12 and 16 pairs of trains.
In the 1950s, the existing station outlines, transfer points, rail car rearrangement point and a new railway terminal were founded.